Well for a while I have been doing the keto Diet to help with my PCOS, but y’all this diet is the enemy I’m telling you ha! I actually feel like I ate worse with the keto diet. Every recipe I would find on Pinterest was full of cream cheese, butter, bacon, and I’m just confused on how all that is good for me. I know that there are other fats that are healthy, but if you search recipes on Pinterest it’s really discouraging what you find. I ended up craving and missing heathy carbs like sweet potatoes, and stressed myself out over what healthy foods I could and couldn’t have. So what I’ve decided to do in the new year is to eat clean, and have a healthy eating plan like I had when I lost 30 pounds, but to just be aware of my carb intake. I’m going to eat healthy carbs, but I can’t promise a Pepsi won’t be in my hand every now and again!
My goal is to be kind to my body. I’ve literally put it through heck and back these last two years, and I need to treat it better. I’ve realized more than ever that includes what I eat, but I’m not going to stress myself over having the perfect diet I just want to add healthy eating habits without putting myself in a bad mind set.
This week is all about mixing in some new recipes along with some dinner staples.
We will probably have a laid back New Year’s Eve just the two of us. Chris works regular hours so we don’t have any special plans.
- Breakfast: Eggs topped with a little cheese, hot sauce and bacon on the side `
- Lunch: Chris will eat at the pharmacy and I’ll probably have left over zucchini noodles with my homemade spaghetti sauce!
- Dinner: shrimp fajitas. I keep our fajitas simple and just put a bag of frozen peppers and onion in a large bowl. I’ll add the meat and then drizzle a little olive oil on top of the veggies and meat, and then sprinkle the low sodium fajita seasoning on top. stir it till it’s evenly coated, toss it on the sheet pan, and throw it in the oven. I’ll eat mine like a salad and Chris will have his with tortillas. I’ll serve homemade guacamole , cheese, and low fat sour cream for toppings. TIP: If you like the crispy texture of the onions and peppers that you get when you order fajitas at resturnats then put your sheet pan in the oven as it is preheating. When you’re ready to put the food on the pan take the sheet pan out and then dump the food on it. You’ll hear it sizzle and that’s what gives your veggies that crisp yummy texture.
- Snack: Homemade guacamole. Let me know if you want the exact recipe, but in a nut shell it’s lime juice salt and pepper, avocado, Mexican seasoning, tomatoes, and bell peppers all chopped super chunky.
Tuesday: New Year’s Day
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with sweet potatoes and sausage hash. Let me know if you want me to share the recipe!
- Lunch: We will have appetizer’s to snack on throughout the day. Some of the apps will be: veggie tray with homemade ranch, ham and cheese Hawaiian rolls, and fruit.
- Dinner: Chris will smoke a chicken in the smoker. I LOVE when we use the smoker. I’ll also roast a bunch of yummy vegetables with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Snack: left over appetizers
- Breakfast: Eggs and bacon
- Lunch: Left over chicken
- Dinner: Chicken with avocado pesto I haven’t tried this before, but it looks super yummy! I’ll serve brown rice on the side
- Snack: Homemade chunky guacamole if any is left
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with a little honey, cinnamon, and berries
- Lunch: We will probably wing lunch since Chris is off. We normally go out for lunch.
- Dinner: Beef Stroganoff This will be out cheat meal. This is one of our all time favorite dinners! We half the recipe since it’s only the two of us.
- Snack: Veggies and dip
- Breakfast: One piece of toast with peanut butter and banana
- Lunch: I’ll probably have a “healthy” frozen dinner #reallife
- Dinner: Greek Chicken and Orzo I’ll serve a greek salad on this side. This is the dish I’m the most excited to try this week!
- Snack: Berries and greek yogurt
- Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter and berries.
- Lunch: Left over Chicken and orzo
- Dinner: Crockpot buffalo chicken. I just dump a couple of chicken breast in the crockpot, cover it with hot sauce I like the brand Franks, and then a half packet of ranch dip seasoning. When it’s done I shred it up and serve it over a salad or on mini Hawaiian rolls. I’ll serve roasted carrots with it.
- Snack will very whatever I got at the grocery store.
That’s our meal plan for the week. I would love if you shared your favorite recipes, or a link to some of your meal plans. I’m excited to get off the keto diet and just take care of my body in simpler ways. I hope you are having an amazing Sunday, and I can’t wait to swap recipes in the comments.